Milton Lake Lodge
We are currently looking to add a vital member to our team for the 2024 season. We are looking for a fishing guide that is positive, outgoing, organized and willing to learn Milton Lake and surrounding waters in 2024 and ensure the best possible experience for all our guests.
Our fishing guides work every day while at the lodge whether they are guiding or doing general maintenance. Meals and lodging are provided, as is transportation to and from the lodge. All fishing gear including lures are provided as well to all our guides to be used by them and our guests.
If you are a team player that works well with others, please submit a cover letter about yourself, resume and references.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prior experience as a fishing guide
- Extensive knowledge of northern pike, lake trout and arctic grayling
- Fly fishing experience a plus as many fly fishermen visit the lodge
- Maintain the operation and daily maintenance of your boat
- Daily preparation of fishing equipment
- Experience in fileting fish for shore lunch
- Knowledge about use of the Humminbird Helix 7
- Works well with other guides and willing to share information as bonus program based on successful fishing results for all the guides as a group
- Physically fit
- Enforce a strict catch and release policy except for shore lunch
- Knowledgeable of holding fish for proper fishing pictures prior to safe release of fish
- When not guiding expected to perform general maintenance at the lodge and scout the water
- Load and unload float planes when they arrive at the dock
- Maintain a courteous and professional attitude with guests and all staff
- Hard working, eager, accountable, organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work in an isolated environment